Children under the age of 18 constitutes 50% of the 9 million inhabitants of Haiti. The town of O'Rouck has approximately 16,000 people. Currently, there are 50 children between the age of 3 to 6 going to Preschool, 215 children age 6-12 and 187 age 12 and up in secondary school. Hundreds more unable to go due to their parents inability to pay.
* Everyday, many children die because they do not have access to basic medical needs.
* Every six second, a child dies from a hunger-related cause.
* Water-borne disease give children cramps and painful diarrhea.
* Children are forced into prostitution for survival.
* Children wear rags because they cannot afford decent clothing.
* These are the few of the plights of the children, the future, of Haiti.
For less than a dollar a day, you can sponsor a child with school tuition, supplies, medical care, daily meals and basic necessities.
Make a difference
in a child's life
by being a sponsor
for $25 a month